WP3 involves completing power systems and economic analyses of the networks using Opus One’s GridOS platforms.
The key tasks include:
- Evaluating the Open Networks outputs to develop a structure that reflects a ‘path of least regrets’.
- Developing a distributed energy resource (DER) valuation mechanism based on investment planning economics and market analysis.
- Running baseline scenario analyses on the network models in the GridOS Integrated Distribution Planning (IDP) tool e.g. Time-series power flow and hosting capacity.
- Customising the GridOS IDP software platform with techno-economic features.
- Defining a set of investment scenarios for the networks based on the GridOS analysis results and the DER valuation mechanism.
- Simulating the investment planning scenarios in GridOS IDP.
- Customising the GridOS Transactive Energy Management (TEM) software platform.